1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

AEI square lights on a night saber harness?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Moose's Mowing, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

My truck currently has nite sabers on it. The lights themselves are toast and beyond fixing. They work, but flop all over the place, and they suck to begin with. I have an older set of ATL (I think) square lights laying out in the shop. I'm not real interested in putting a new harness on the truck nor do I want to spend much (if any) money. Would it be possible to open up both sets of lights and just put the pig tail end from the sabers onto to the square set of lights? I'd think that outta work fine but I thought I remembered reading on here a few years ago about the saber harness having lighter gauge wires and it wouldn't be enough to handle the older style. I'm guessing both sets use a 55w bulb, so there shouldn't be any difference really.....??

What say you guys?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You could try it. What's each light rated at? Also think about leds in the new lights