1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advise

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 042500hd, Sep 15, 2008.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Getting ready to start the season and was thinking of subbing this year rather take my own contracts. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether this may or may not be a good idea?
    Also looking to upgrade my Boss straight blade. Was thinking either a snoway (have a buddy that swears by it) Or the new Boss V-plow. What's everyone's take on that? Thanks.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

subbing this year rather take my own contracts
    Depends on you can, you plow a strait line down a curb without hitting it when you cant see it?
    do you want to deal with customers?
    do you want to deal with a boss?

V plow

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The new SNOWAY Vee

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with subbing .Do you have someone that will take you on for the whole season?

As for plows either one is a good choice (v plow)

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I have been subbing since i was 16 love every mine of it! I dont have any experince with boss/sno-way but i would def go with a v!:waving: Both plows look real good!

6. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

If you want less headaches, go with subbing. I just wait for that phone call and then work when I can for a great hourly rate. As for the plow, if you are already familiar with a BOSS, then why switch brands (unless your not happy)......go with the BOSS V.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you're Subbing will they pay more for a Vee blade? If your working by the hour the eight foot staight blade would be more profitable.

If they do pay more for equipment upgrades, wouldn't the DPs superior scraping ability be an asset?

8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Advice is spelled with a "c"

Advise is a verb. (I advised Bob on the new flowcharts)

I need advice is spelled with a C

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Now that grammar class is over....lol
    Go with a V and go with the best dealer support for the brand.

10. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

go with the v. They work too good and can do so much for not much more