1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advise the pickups and where it to buy (for moscow cleaning comp)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Antonios, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Antonios

Antonios Junior Member
    from Moscow

Greetings professionals!

We plan to clean snow from the big parkings and highways in Moscow. Now in Russia pickups for such work aren't used and consequently we have no experience in it.

And in Russia not probably to buy cars (Ford F series, Dodge Ram, Chevrolet Silverado and other pickups) from the official dealer.
    We have decided to find cars with run and to bring them to Moscow.

For this reason I have decided to address to professionals of this business with questions:

1. What pickups (2005-2010 of release) to buy for these works better and more cheaply?
    2. Advise the seller of pickups with run (an ideal variant would be to buy some trucks with run in cleaning company, that cars have been equipped).

With best regards
    from Moscow
  2. Antonios

Antonios Junior Member
    from Moscow

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

There was a guy on here last year who was trying to set up a Meyer snow plow company near you. Just can't find the information on it. Can you import John Deere tractors?
  4. Antonios

Antonios Junior Member
    from Moscow

John Deere tractors are presented in Russia. They can be bought easily.

We want to use pickups because they are mobile and do work quickly.
    This best parity of expenses to profit

One more plus
    We don't have competitors who clean snow on pickups

The big pickups at us are considered as a premium cars
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you work with a upfitter in this country? If so it would be best to have them pre equipped with plows before shipping.

If you need a contact let me know I work with a broker that exports specialty vehicles
  6. Antonios

Antonios Junior Member
    from Moscow

Yes, I would like to contact people who can sell to me pickups with run and make sending to Russia
    (For example: Ford F 150 (2007-2010), Dodge RAM (2005-2010), Toyota Tundra (2007-2010), Chevrolet Silverado and over)

What price the good new snow plow?
    What price the good and not new snow plow?

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

you need to go to a electric company auction. one from a snowy state,buy a fleet and you can quit the removal and be an importer/upfitter
  8. Antonios

Antonios Junior Member
    from Moscow

good idea!!! Give the link please

"upfitter" - i dont understand, what its meen

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

an upfitter is the installer of the equipment, sounds like you would do good,i don't know how to do links but try looking for national grid equipment auctions,
  10. skimastr105

skimastr105 Member

An upfitter is someone, or a company, who installs plows and other equipment on trucks. They also usually sell new plows.
  11. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

4-5 thousand US dollars for new.

2-3 thousand for a used snow plow.

But, the problem with used plows is they generally need work, and sometimes after you've made the repairs, you would have spent the same amount of money on new plows.

Personally, in your situation, I would go with new snow plows.

12. Antonios

Antonios Junior Member
    from Moscow

Thanks! Convincingly!
  13. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I also would think about possibly looking into larger trucks too. Depending on what they would be used for in summer months. They tend to be built that much stronger and can take a bit more abuse.

Basically a Cab and Chassis type truck with a dump bed, or flatbed might be better. So, that means you would look at a Dodge/Chevy 3500 Heavy Duty truck, or a Ford F-450, or F-550.

I'm not sure if Isuzu, Toyota, or any other foreign brand offers a bigger cab and chassis style of truck over there. There are lots of people over here that use Isuzu Cab/Over trucks for plowing snow.

Just like anyone in the States though, it's all a matter how close is the parts and dealer support. That would be my deciding factor on what brand of truck to buy.

14. Antonios

Antonios Junior Member
    from Moscow

We don't have specialized companies on installation plugins on trucks or pickups,
    but hands at us straight lines =))
    and I think we can establish new plows independently (We can make installation plows by own strength)
  15. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

A good friend of mine is from Russia and has bought and shipped a good number of vehicles home for family members. If you're looking for new/used trucks that are already setup and ready to go, we can probably help you out.
  16. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite!,

You posted a video showing a tractor plowing, but it also has a sweeper on the back. Is it customary to use a sweeper when you plow? is it a requirement? if so, it may be more challenging to configure a pick up truck with a plow and sweeper.
  17. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Ever thought of buying plows from the USA and fabricating brackets to mount them on surplus military vehicles from Russia and some of the other former soviet union?

I think importing plows would be easier and cheaper then importing pickup trucks, but if you did import trucks, then I would stick with late models (less then 5 years old) already fitted with the plow, or talk to the major plow companies about becoming a dealer for that company in Russia, then import the trucks and install the plows yourself.

As for the trucks, I would stick with 3/4 ton to 1 ton 4x4 only. and I would stick with the "Big 3" Ford, Chevy and Dodge and in that order (my opinion).. the plows I would also stick with the big name brands, Meyer, Western, and I would think Boss, but I am not familiar with any other then Meyer and Western.
  18. Antonios

Antonios Junior Member
    from Moscow

Let's try.
    Show, what variants are and how many it will cost in the USA?
    How many there is a transportation to Russia?
    The truck should be not more senior 5 years
  19. Antonios

Antonios Junior Member
    from Moscow

Yes, basically all use sweeper.
    In Russia roads not so good and sweeper well gets all sites of road and defects of road. But it isn't always good where people go.

Many companies have made obligatory use sweepers.

by the way!!!
    In the summer these cars works for watering of territories and dust cleaning! How at you?
  20. Antonios

Antonios Junior Member
    from Moscow

Has tried to understand correctly your messages and correctly to answer.

All this technics is already obsolete. To the person it is not comfortable in it to work and eat complexities in management and operation.
    Some military trucks of old times consume about 40-50 liters of fuel on 100 kilometers.
    1 liter of fuel costs at us nearby 1$. If such car pushes snow that consumption of fuel will grow! It isn't favourable!

Good idea to be the dealer of plows in Russia Thumbs Up
    To import plows is easier than trucks, but they aren't necessary to us without pickups.