1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jeffl, Nov 26, 2002.

1. jeffl

jeffl Junior Member

Hey, I think we are only suppose to get about 1" with this storm coming tonight around the Philly area.
    Just wondering if you guys have any advice for a newbie. Have plowed before for the township, but this is the first I am going on my own.
    Unfortunately, with the add I put in the local papers, I have only gotten 2 small residential accounts. What would you suggest for obtaining more accounts. I also know that it is a little late in the season, but thought I might be able to find a few more that waited till the last minute. Also, I guess I could try and find somebody in Camden County for me to sub for. Any info. is appreciated.
  2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I would keep an eye out on other driveways and lots while your driving around,look for ones that dont seem to get done in a timely manner or better yet look for one that are being done sloppy,plenty of that in my area,guys leave trail off from there plows in the middle of the road,feels like s speed bump when it freezes!I've acquired many customers from that reason alone,it is a bit late but i am sure you can still pick up a few more,Good luck!