1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by badgesprops, Aug 3, 2007.

1. badgesprops

badgesprops Junior Member
    from WI

Hello all,

We joined this site with idea that people respond to posts and help each other out so here it goes.
    1. where have people found the best place to put ads or get new customers?
    2. If you offer salt in condo complexes and someone still falls, how many times have people been dragged into this?
    3. tough one here, rates and per push or contract.

We are in WI so if guys from here could help it would be nice, rates seem to be the hardest thing. We are a full time remodeling/repair/hydroseeding company, we got a late start last year so we had 2 accounts and a couple will calls. seemed like more hassle then it was worth. I know most of our jobs now come from word of mouth. We are in the phone book internet version, unless you spend a ton you just get buried

Could really use the help of some professional/seasoned guys on this site. We joined to help others and be helped so if someone could respond to our thread it would helpful.

Thank You
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

1. Word of mouth is the best IMO as it means you must be doing something right...if not, the newspaper if there aren't too many contractors already in there
    2. That's what insurance is for
    3. totally dependant on area, as you stated, you are in WI, so my rates here are probably different.

Good luck and welcome to plowsite!!!
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to plowsite.
    Where in WI are you?
  4. bbbrt76

bbbrt76 Junior Member

as far as per push or contract you are best off if you do both, in a winter lack snow the contracts keep the money coming in, in a very snowy winter the per push customers cover the extra expenses of the contracts, I haven't a clue of rates in your area