1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Bulldogconstruction, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Bulldogconstruction

Bulldogconstruction Junior Member

Hi I have a cat 259b3 and got a great deal on a bobcat sb240 snowblower but it has 3 hydraulic hoses and I only have the 2 quick connects on my machine. Will it even work for me? Thanks

2. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

No, your machine has standard or low flow, the blower, which I believe is an SBX 240 is a high flow blower, the third hose being a case drain. You need an SB 200 or SB 240 low flow blower

3. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

X2..................

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Jim nailed it.

As for low flow blowers... I have not had one in quite a few years (so maybe they are better now)... but when I had them... they sucked compared to a high flow.

Hopefully someone has some better news on the newer low flows?

5. Bulldogconstruction

Bulldogconstruction Junior Member

Hi guys thanks for the quick reply! My machine is low flow and so is the blower it the sb240. I researched into the case drain and probably should have one anyway. Found a company online that sells a 7 pin to 8 pin conversion kit to bypass the computer on the blower. How hard will it be to do all this stuff....or should I just get a different blower!