1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by White Gardens, Oct 31, 2013.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Anybody used these before?

Possibly getting a wheel loader with a 10ft. snow bucket. I would like to not have to get a pusher box for it if I can help it.

But, I'm wondering if the bucket would possible do damage to the pavement over using a pusher box.

Any thoughts?

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I'd have to think you'd tear up pavement since there no give with a bucket and you could easily peel up the pavement with a Wheel Loader.
  3. Pool&Plow

Pool&Plow Junior Member

Those are built not too far away from me. The city uses a fair amount of loaders equipped with them. I've never used one personally but I like the idea. What I have used is a normal loader bucket that has two big hooks welded to the top that connects it to a big removable set of wings. You curl your bucket out to drop them and do all your back dragging and then reattach them to push all the open areas. I like a bucket because it gives you the ability to scrape hardpack much better than a pusher. However you have to know where every manhole is on every lot or you'll do damage. I've found no single attachment does it all, you've gotta figure what the primary use of the loader is gonna be and equip it accordingly. That's my opinion xysport
  4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Ah crete, always can depend on you to chime in. LOL

Your right, cheap pusher will be less damaging. Almost half tempted to get two.....