1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by astrogt, Feb 1, 2011.

1. astrogt

astrogt Junior Member
    from nc

i have a 2000 f250 with a boss 7'6" straight plow... i just had to replace the ball joints and seals on the front end and was wondering if there was anything i could add to the front end to help or slow this from happening again. the truck has 125,000 miles and is in very good shape overall.........
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

you need another 18" of plow on that truck and they won't wear any faster.
  3. astrogt

astrogt Junior Member
    from nc

im happy with the 7'6" plow. just wondering if there is something i could do to reduce or slow the wear to the suspension....clay
  4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

If this is the firts time in 125,000 miles that you had to repair them. Thats normal without a plow.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

make sure to get good parts and they will last longer.....but this is normal on Fords
  6. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

make sure you had Moog balljoints installed as they are greaseable. The OE ford balljoints are not and wear alot faster.
  7. damian

damian Senior Member

i find oe ball joints last longer than greasable replacements mostly because greasable ball joints dont get greased.my customers who do their own maint or go to quick lubes never grease the front ends.i have done ball joints on the same vehicle more than once on many occasions and used moog and other high end replacements and it doesnt seem to matter, you need to grease the front end at every oil change.