1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Stonecold, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Stonecold

Stonecold Junior Member
    from Ct

In need of some advice.I have a ez mount classic that i bought used and ive been trying to remove the lift frame from the clevis,with no luck.I guess the previous owner/owners never removed it.Ive tried to use my 6 ton jack between the clevis and brackets on the lift frame and no go.I tried beating it with a sledge etc.Is there anything else besides maybe a torch or cutting the tubes on the clevis and welding them back together,or maybe something like a 20 ton bottle jack?
  2. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

torch and pb blater is your brst friend!
  3. Stonecold

Stonecold Junior Member
    from Ct

Yeah im gonna have to find someone with a torch.P.B blaster is great,most of the time.I like to use freeze off alot when im working on a vehicle but im not dealing with nuts and bolts this time.I am gonna try and saturate it with P.B and burn that b***h to hell.I just wish people would use anti-seize more often,thats my best friend.
  4. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

It might not come out. I bought a setup that was like that. The mount was still on the truck we hooked a payloader onto it and it would just drag the truck ended up torching the mount. When i put mine on i grease it up with marine grease more durable to water and snow.
  5. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

Mine got stuck like yours one time on my old truck I never took it off from the time I mounted it untill Ibought a new truck even though I greased the heck out of it when I first installed it. I hooked up two log chains to it around a tree and just keep banging it with the truck it finally popped out all at once and I backed up quite a bit futher than I planed on but it came out after about a 1/2 hour of forward and reverse's on the truck, I cleaned it all up and bought a new mount for the new truck but this time I take it off and on the new truck
  6. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I had the tow truck winch hooked to mine and could drag the suburban my plow used to be on. They get stuck pretty good. little heat and alot of tugging, it finally came out. Cleaned it up real good and grease it regularly now.

All i can say is GOOD LUCK! Thumbs Up
  7. b&b landscapes

b&b landscapes Member

We sold our Chevy last year and bought a Dodge. We never took the lift frame out of the clevis either, we ended up using a torch and cut the tube receivers very carefully as to not harm the lift frame tubes. then we cut the tube receivers off and had a buddy who runs a fab shop make me new tubes. I ended up lucky as hell, but now we shoot grease into the tube of the mount before the lift frame goes on every year and its like butter to remove.
  8. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

I yank and lube seasonally.......hmmmmm that doesn't sound right....

With a buddies we used an engine crane chained to a winching point in the garage floor (for winching in dead trucks) and ended up cutting the slit. Wish we had done it sooner as it went quick after that. When welding back he left a few openings towards the back and installed zerks to maintain the lube.