1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice please

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by greenfeet, Nov 7, 2002.

1. greenfeet

greenfeet Junior Member
    from pa

I just went to pick up my truck which was supposed to have a Fisher HD put on but to my surprise when I got there it had a Western Pro on it instead.

Unfortunately it was past closing time and there wasn't anyone from the company there when I went to pick it up.

My question is - should I have them change it to the Fisher or stick with the Western? I am new to this and am not sure what all is involved with the installation and want to make sure that if it is changed that there won't be any warranty issues etc or safety issues with any additional modifications that may be needed. Also I am not sure about which is more expensive since I basically did my research based on everything but price so I have no idea if the Western is cheaper or more expensive. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on making a trip back to the dealer early in the morning to find out what they have to say.

Thanks - Ken

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Wow!!!!

What do you mean when you say it was supposed to have a Fisher? Did you buy from the dealer and they said this? Or did you ask for a Fisher?

Personally I wuld make them change it. First because I would want the Fisher but more importantly this is what you had thought/asked to go on.

3. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

My experience is limited to Meyers, and the Western might be every bit as good as the Fisher, but if you ordered a Fisher the very least you should do is scream so loud :realmad: that they'll knock something off the price just to make you go away....

4. greenfeet

greenfeet Junior Member
    from pa

Yes I ordered a Fisher and thought that that was what I was goint to see on the front of the truck. Imagine my surprise when I got there. I am not trying to knock Western but I don't know a lot about them and I liked the trip edge on the Fisher as opposed to the trip blade on the Western. I appreciate the help and believe me there will be plenty of kicking and screaming going on.

do you know if there will be any effect on the mounting? I assume that if the Fisher will not be able to use the same holes to be mounted to? Also any info on price?

5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, I would be pissed off if I come to the plow dealer and see non-Fisher plow on my truck. There might be serious mess up with your dealer. Did you have any paperwork showing your order? Seriously, talk to your dealer about what happened and that they should change it back to Fisher as long as it is allowed and safe for your truck.

Never heard anything like this before. Good luck.

6. turfguy

turfguy Member

refund

when I had my plow installed I had a quote sheet from the dealer in hand when I droped off the truck. 8ft pro, controler,bla bla bla
    and thats what i got. I would go back first thing in the am and demand the plow that you requested be installed. If you want to you could make a deal with them for a 500 dollar discount. thats about what a removal and install is worth. western is a great plow and you might be very happy with it for years to come. good luck I hope the dealer does the right thing.

7. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

All plow use holes that are in the frame of the truck from the factory. So it will not harm the truck. I will say that westerns roll snow alot better than fishers do but I too like trip edge better. I would get what you want on the truck.

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Both are good plows, but I like the trip edge of the Fisher. I'd make them change it.

9. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

When you go there tomorrow, just say to the guy with a straight face without laughing, haha, say, hey i always thought Fisher's were yellow?? After you say that, just keep staring at him, and see what his reaction is, haha. He'll be like, well what do you mean? Then you say, what do you mean, what do i mean? Then just keep looking at him, hahaha. Dont start laughing though, im laughing while im typing this! All joking aside, Western is a very good snowplow unit, i own one myself, but i really like those Fishers. Get whatever you want on that truck, and dont settle for anything less. You wanted the trip-edge Fisher, make sure you get it. Thats a huge screwup though, you asked for a Fisher and ended up with a Western. Thats not like going to Burger King and asking for a Whopper and ending up with a chicken sandwich, which happens here and there by the way, haha. Did you have this order in writing, or just a handshake deal? My guess is that they knew Western and Fisher were basically from the same makers and just went with a Western cause:
    a. it was easier to get?
    b. they had one already in stock?
    c. they make more money selling a Western? Mike

10. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

Let them bring up the idea of a discount, so they don't think you're just jerking their chain to save some money (unless they have proof) It'll prolly be cheaper for them to pay somebody $15 per hour to switch it than to give you any sizeable discount, though.

11. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Wrong Plow!

Well if I install the "wrong" plow on someones truck I'm sure that "I" would be changing it to what my customer had ordered. It's kind of like ordering a new Ford from one of the auto malls and having them delievering you a new Dodge because thats what they had. Good luck and I hope you get the plow that you wanted. :rolleyes: John

12. greenfeet

greenfeet Junior Member
    from pa

Here's the whole situation - I'll try to keep it short -

I bought the plow when I bought the truck because of an $800.00 rebate through Dodge. I have everything in writing from the truck dealer. Here's the kicker - I just went out to check everything out in the daylight (since it was too dark lastnight) and found that the dealer left the invoice in the truck - What a mistake on their part - anyway - sure enough - the coorespondence from the truck dealer to the plow dealer specs Western - so the truck dealer is the one who made the mistake. Which really helps me since they are the one that all of the money has passed through. I will be on my way to the dealer in a few minutes to try to get this all straightened out. Hopfully it will go smoothly but thanks to all of you for all of the suggestions. I really do appreciate all of the help. I will keep you updated as the saga continues. I am definately trying to get something out of this not just because of the screw-up but also because of lost time working I can't afford to keep going without my truck. No truck = no work = no money.

13. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Well what a situation.

One if you have it writing that you wanted a fisher and they gave you a western here's what i would do.

If the western seams like it will do the job for you ask to get a better price on the plow.

If they say no then tell them to give you a new truck because if i bought a new truck i would not want them to be re drilling mounting holes in my frame.But make sure they give you a lowner while they fool around with it.