1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice painting and installing blade skin

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by FBR, Oct 24, 2011.

1. FBR

FBR Junior Member

I am the Facility Director of a large church in Kansas City area. We have 9 acres to plow and plow our own lots with volunteer church members driving old trucks with old well used plows. We have 4 trucks, a Hiniker spreader and a Bobcat.

I would like to sandblast our 6'6" Meyer, patch some rusted through spots, paint with
    POR15, and then install a poly skin to the blade.

Any tips would be appreciated i;e, using POR15, applying the poly skin, etc.

Thanks guys for the help.
    Brooks
    First Baptist Raytown, MO

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Subscribed would like the info as well

3. NWanner

NWanner Member

Why not just paint with POR-15 topcoat (they have yellow/red). I'm doing that with a rusted fisher 7.5' blade in the next couple of days. Going to remove the rest of the paint with paint remover, do a rough patch of some rust holes at the top, and paint with the POR-15 undercoat and topcoat. If you're sand blasting to get rid of the paint that's fine, but POR-15 can be applied straight to rusty metal.