1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

advice on used 2002 k2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by david-nh, Feb 23, 2003.

1. david-nh

david-nh Member

hello all my dealer has a 2002 k2500extended with 29.400 miles it has the 6.0 liter engine its loaded power / cd ect/ and a 8 foot fisher minute mount two they are asking 28.995 i am thinking about checking it out i was allready getting information on new 2500.s but thought this might be worth looking at. any opions or information would be great . thanks all/ david n.h.
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

For that price and mileage, your better off buying new. If you buy before the 28th you can save with GM's rebate. Just to give you an idea i paid $30,855 for mine in May
  3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I am looking at a 2002 chevy 2500HD ext.cab with the Duramax diesel,auto,4x4,loaded with leather,22k miles just off lease,truck is mint for $29,995.I think thats a pretty good price but still a close call versus new.
  4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

david,get the service history on that truck.A lot of 6.0 owners cant stand the oil consumption and/or piston knocks they haver,and get rid if them.A have few friends that have traded in their 6.0 trucks to get the same exact truck,but with a Duramax.Just be prepared for the usual 6.0 issues,and you should be fine.I agree you may be better off with a new one,besides the 8 ft fisher while a good plow wouldnt be my choice on a new truck.Get what you want,its your $$.
  5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I gotta agree with Earthscapes, for that kind of money your not far from the new ones. They have a ton of rebates and incentives going making them very attractive.
  6. Used vs New

The lower interest rates on a new vehicle would also be a big factor. Interest rates on used vehicles are up there.
  7. myo

myo Senior Member

I think a new truck with no history would be a better deal. I agree with everyone