1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 1SCOUT1, Oct 16, 2011.

1. 1SCOUT1

1SCOUT1 Junior Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum but not new to commercial/residential snowclearing. I just acquired a 08 Dodge 3500 Mega-Cab 4X4 diesel with a 8'6" Fisher Extreme "V" and I was wondering what the BEST tires would be. The truck has Toyo M/T 35 X 12.50 X R17 LT tires which are absolutly horrible. On my older trucks I have Hercules Tera Trac's which weren't to bad but they can't get the bigger sizing in that brand anymore. It is not imperative that I get the same sizing as mentioned above but a 10 Ply with a sizing that is close. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!
  2. Pullin&Plowin

Pullin&Plowin Junior Member
    from SE WI

i run yokohama geolandar a/t year round on my chevy 3500 and they have been great
  3. 1SCOUT1

1SCOUT1 Junior Member

Thanks for the reply!!! I have read a couple of other threads and the Yokohama Geolander's have been mentioned. Another has been General Grabber A/T's. What other tires have you used or would recommend.
  4. dm5.9

dm5.9 Member

I put Michelin LTX M/S2 on my truck last year, I have a 2500, they have been great! they were really really good in the snow, amazing in the rain. I haven't driven that much on them maybe 10k but they show no signs of wear so far. They are a load range E but ride pretty soft. They also have a 6 year/ 70k mi warr which is pretty unheard of for an E range tire. They are pretty prices but have been great so far.