1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on Stainless steel salt spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by novaplow, Oct 16, 2011.

1. novaplow

novaplow Junior Member

hello,

I'm looking to add an aluminum flatbed from Martins Welding later this month and wanted some advice on which stainless steel salt spreader to use?

Anyone got any advice?

I've heard hendersons are pretty good, salty dogs etc.

What is a good, low maintenance, well built unit that you all would suggest?

Thanks!

2. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

What kind are you looking to get v-box? under tailgate? rep. tailgate?

i guess since its not a dump it would have to be a v-box...

My truckcraft replacement tailgate SS spreader was the best ever had it for 7 years. finally sold it this year for 3/4 of what i paid for it NEW. Since its SS it didnt rust. I just took good care of it and i never had any problems!
    I no longer use V-boxes just because you ALWAYS have to use all of the salt in the hopper otherwise it froze. Rock all together sucks!
    Liquid is my all time favorite! never have to worry about it freezing or going bad.

3. novaplow

novaplow Junior Member

yup, V-box

4. novaplow

novaplow Junior Member

btw, could you link the liquid unit you speak of?

5. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

http://www.icecontrolsprayers.com/

We built a "clone" of this one and made it work in one of our kodiaks. I'll PM you pics. if i can find them. THese sprayers arent too cheap buy if you know anything about plumbing you can do it yourself for alot cheaper. like we did.

Comin' to Detroit anytime soon?? Here is one for Sale used one season... $4200. http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bfs/2554883744.html
    Some guys love it and some guys hate it. The guys that hate it are the ones that dont have the patience to really experiment with it and make it work for their situation. There is no Book that tells you how to apply it, how much to apply, etc.. So instead they use it once then sell it!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011