1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on Snow Removal Contracting?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by "MR.PLOW", Nov 23, 2005.

1. "MR.PLOW"

"MR.PLOW" Member

Need to know what all the plow guys, and gals think of taking on a 50km(30mile) to 75km (50mile) village contract for full winter maintenance. I have all the know how and right contacts for the job, just need a way to get the funds. Need some imput in the situation.

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

straight pushing , driving the roads , no backing up or stacking snow sounds better than pushing parking lots
  3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

A village contract is good because you know that you are going to get paid. However, look at their requirements and make sure you can meet them. Are you plowing roads, subdivision streets, cul-de-scas?? Do you have to salt/sand? Do you have enough avail. to you to cover yourself? Do you have back-up vehicles? The correct insurance?? In our village we subcontract some plow work and WE provide the salt to the contractor. We want our product put down on our roads. Also everytime we get a call-out, he comes too.
  4. "MR.PLOW"

"MR.PLOW" Member

Thanks SNOWMATT13, and Yes i will have to salt/sand the roads. Now as far as roads go well everything u mentioned is included in the contract. I would require 3 plows for the total job. 2 plow trucks fully equipped with front plow, side wings and salt/sand spreaders. Also, a Loader with a reversible and side wing for the other plow(narrow streets). The contract would consist of full winter maintenance. Thanks for the advice.:bluebounc