1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on snow plow i bought

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rangers recover, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Rangers recover

Rangers recover Junior Member

well i bought a snowdogg 9'6 v plow and i have a 2009 ford f350 gasser v10 and was wondering if y0u guys think ill be ok? i was going over snowdoggs site for plow selector says i need nothing. just want some advice on what you guys think. is it to much to big or ill be fine????

shawn

fyi i know i messed up on spelling of the title

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Should be fine. Add your ballest and go.

3. Rangers recover

I have a minuteman lift its a tow truck pickup used for report. So it has about 1200 lbs in rear of truck

4. dieselss

That should be enough.
    If you wanted to beef up the charging system that wouldn't be a bad idea

5. Rangers recover

How so what would you do

6. dieselss

Do a search for "the big 3".
    I can elaborate better later

7. dieselss

some tips.
    biggest battey that you can put in. might have to take some measurements just to be sure
    biggest alt you can get/afford. there are a few companys that make bigger alts, however you need to look at output at idle or just above idle......thats the important fact to look for
    last is bigger wire. alt output to the batt, and a direct ground to the alt.
    i did 2g on all the trucks at work, and on my personal.
    and check all the factory grounds, might be a good idea to add a few for grinns.

8. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Werd. Good advice.
    Might want to look into new springs if it sags more than 1-1/2 inch when you lift the plow. Or maybe air bags.

9. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I've got the same plow on a 2500 (look at my sig pic). I added timbrens in the front. And as dieselss stated above, bigger or second battery, an alt that puts out a good 220 amps. You'll know if you need it if your headlights dim when operating the plow.

10. Rangers recover

Wow awesome advice everyone. Thanks so much well atlesst Sunday or Saturday ill be doing my own little 3 wire thingy I forgot name hey barley how much does yours sag sorry harley

11. Rangers recover

Did you do anythingbut the timbrens i have 5600 coils now

12. Rangers recover

Buswell I see your a fan of gassers also nice shows the power pushing with the v plow

13. JustJeff

About an inch. Nothing but Timbrens in the front.

14. Rangers recover

how much do those run also what size coils in front do youo have?

15. JustJeff

Timbrens are only a couple of hundred bucks and easy to install. I don't know what size coils I've got. They're whatever stock are. FAWR is 5,500.

16. Rangers recover

Well she was installed and picked up today ,seen a small problem so far I have to transport the plow not in full v because it scrapesnif i hit a bump any ideas??

17. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

That's common on big Vee's. Just go to /\ and bump to scoop.

18. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

That is normal for some people, I put mine in V and give the scoop button two quick taps to bring it back out a bit just in case.

19. Rangers recover

I cent stop playing I hook it up to disconnect it no cars were repossed last night from playing

20. Rangers recover

PHP:
    I'm trying to add photos