1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

advice on snow blower or tractor.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 2002F150, Aug 17, 2014.

1. 2002F150

2002F150 Member

Hi guy's I am launching in the business of snow removal on my own after working for a family member last year and found out I enjoy doing snow removal I now want to start on my own and plan to do so.. I am in quebec, gatineau and in prepwration mode. I am putting a business plan together and get some financial aid, I am debating and wondering what is best for snow removal.. I was thinking of doing it with a snow blower and stick with 30-40 contract as we did last winter. But since I am going for business start up loan why not invest in a tractor with a pull type snow blower? The dilemma is what tractor should I go for? I obviously want one with a cab anyone one can point me in what basic tractor to buy would be appreciate or is it just better to stick with snow blower.. I am sure with tractor/pull snow blower I could bring in more revenue and start off right.

Sorry for all the mistake I am writ ting thins on my Blackberry

Hope to get some good feed back.

Would love to stay under 30k if possible.
  2. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

There is a section all about this under heavy equipment, over 60 pages of insight, very well worth the read. Some very helpful and knowledgeable people in the section switching to blowing service.
    I will tell you that I have a Kubota L3540 with a cab and pull type snow blower and I LOVE it, IMO it works great on the driveways that I do, occasionally I wish it was a little bigger, or had a little more power or was a little bit faster(road speed) but I have to say for the total investment I am very happy with the set up. Best of luck and be sure to check out the switching to blowing section
  3. 2002F150

2002F150 Member

Ty sir, I will go ahead and read on that part of the forum! :)