1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

advice on salting issue

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by muffy189, Dec 23, 2011.

1. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

OK so heres my problem I was at my church in which i plow and have been plowing for 25 years and was ask today that this winter to take it easy on the salting!!! I told them if anyone falls i want it to be known that it is not my fault. Do I need to have them sign something saying that? I dont want anyone coming back on my insurance, how do I cover my backside here??? any advice would be appreciated.
  2. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i would have it worded in your contract that you are not responsible for slip and fall accident due to non-salting, also you can change your contract to salt by request. honestly it has been my expirience that if they do slip and fall no matter what you are probally going to get sued. but a properly worded contract will save your butt.. remeber i am not an attorney i only plow snow.... well if it ever snows
  3. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

thanks Hows things up your way? Have you got to do any plowing yet
  4. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

yeah last saturday we plowed a few places.. not a whole lot happening, but happy holidays and good luck in the up coming year
  5. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

thank you. you too merry christmas
  6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

as much as it sucks, now a days you even have to get things in writing from your church... sad world hunh
  7. leon

leon Senior Member

salting to excess etc.

You ned to have them sign a new contract.

Wherein: they allow you to salt at your descretion
    and to use heavy amounts of sand at all other times;
    and allowing salt and sand at your descretion depending on
    ground temperature-stick a dirt thermometer in the ground if possible
    as this is a great way to always determine the temperature.
    Signing waivers is rather useless as the individual will come after you
    first and the church as secondary plaintiff whether locally citing the
    parish or the regional office for the specific church body if it has one as such.