1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

advice on recycled asphalt parking lot

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by packey, Dec 1, 2007.

1. packey

packey Member

I need some advice. I have one account that has a recycled ashpalt parking lot. I am having problems with the shoes picking up to much parking lot material. If a raise the plow any higher then I leave to much snow on the ground. Does anyone have any suggestions.

2. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Sounds like they didn't use a compactor when they put the asphlat down. We use recycled asphalt and tire roll with a loader only and it has held up fine for road radiuses. (of course it helps if it is a warm day when you do this as it compacts better)

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i have it along side of my drive at home its where me and my dad park our trucks we run it over it all the time thou. best advice is dont use shoes tap the plow up alittle and rake whatever u push off in the spring.