1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

advice on plow to buy

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by tvhbr, Sep 21, 2009.

1. tvhbr

tvhbr Junior Member

I have a 2006 Ford F350. I need to plow maybe 2 miles worth of mostly gravel road. Including driveways, barnyards and roads. This is in the front range in Colorado where the average snow fall is 59".
    I need to purchase a new or used snow plow. I would love some advice on brands or any other suggestions. Thanks in advance!
  2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

guys will tell you this brand or that brand on this site, but any of the major plow brands will fit your needs just fine. What is the nearest dealer to you and are do they provide good service is most important. i would go with the brand with dealer support. also seeing as you are doing road ways and u have a big truck i would recomend a 9 foot plow. or better yet a v plow. this will allow you to break open the road in vee.
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If ymoney is not a factor you would be wise to get a V plow IMO. But if you don't want to spend all that money a strait blade will work fine IMO. Since your plowing gravel roads you would be better off with a trip edge than a trip blade IMO. Since your plowing long distance you should get a big blade like 8.5' or 9' IMO.