1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on plow brands

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Granite Golf, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Granite Golf

Granite Golf Junior Member

I'm purchasing a plow and salter combination for our Toyota Tundra. I want a plow that's easy on and off and durable. It's just plowing our Golf course driveway and parking lot. It will have a few different users so I want it to be user friendly. I have quotes from Meyer and Fisher dealers. Thanks for any and all input.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Look into the Snoway. A 26 or 26R is an excellent match for that vehicle. easy on/easy off snoway was the first to have a completely removable system (lights, pump etc) back in the 70s.

http://www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/plow/s/40

tundra.jpg

IMG_6467 cropped.jpg

3. Granite Golf

Granite Golf Junior Member

Thanks. Basher.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I would recommend a 7.5' HD or SD. The HD is a little more rugged and the Tundra will handle the extra weight fine. I have done quite a bit of plowing with a Tundra so, if you have any questions just ask.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Snowdogg HD75 or VMD75 IMO, or a Boss

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

A Snow Dogg VMD75 would be sweet on a Tundra.

7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I have both fisher and boss Fisher is by far the easiest plow for on/off hookup
    havent used the others so cant say.

watch out for brand X is the best when they have NEVER used any other brand.

8. alaska snowplow

alaska snowplow Junior Member

I have a Snoway plow 22 on a GMC Sonoma ZR2 and I love it. it is light but is tough and has down pressure, easy to take off and on. For 1/2 tons, I feel the steel blades wear out the front ends prematurely for cost, the amount of weight and the wear that you have with plowing. I have 33 clients and they are homes with long driveways and not enough room for full size pick ups. This setup works great.

9. alaska snowplow

I have a Snoway plow 22 on a GMC Sonoma and I love it. it is light but is tough and has down pressure, easy to off and on. For 1/2 tons, I feel the steel blades wear out the front ends prematurely concerning the cost, the amount of weight and the wear that you have with plowing. The Snoway is the way to go for all 1/2 tons. You don't have to modify and add and thing for the suspension.

10. alaska snowplow

I have a Snoway plow 22 on a GMC Sonoma and I love it. it is light but is tough and has down pressure, easy to off and on. For 1/2 tons, I feel the steel blades wear out the front ends prematurely concerning the cost, the amount of weight and the wear that you have with plowing. The Snoway is the way to go for all 1/2 tons. You don't have to modify and add and thing for the suspension.

11. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Just remember, you get what you pay for. I'm not saying the most expensive is the best but if you buy a cheap priced plow you're more than likely getting a cheap plow. There's a reason snow dogg is cheap and fisher isn't.

12. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Take a look at Arctic plows. I just picked one up for my Tacoma, since it was clearly the most sturdy and well built unit that was compatible. Galvanized steel frame, steel or poly moldboard, and a common front hitch configuration for all the different configurations.

13. nick2796nick

nick2796nick Junior Member

i have a 2002 gmc sonoma zr2 i have a 6.8 snoway with light kit ready to go on my truck or a meyer 6.8 ready to go on my truck whick should i use on my truck plz help me lol

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If the snoway has down pressure, there's no question, use the Snoway.

15. 07titan

07titan Member

Ive been plowing w my titan w the western hts. Has down pressure too. Love the plow

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Scrape lock and Snoway's DP are a little differant

17. nick2796nick

nick2796nick Junior Member

idk snoway when it breaks it is expencive and it does ave down pressure but its alittle harder to find cheap parts i can find parts cheap for meyers me and my cuz can fix a meyers but we dont know much about
    a snoway pump and rebuild and **** like that so?????? idk which one i should use