1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

advice on driveways

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rfed32, Nov 11, 2005.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

how u doing..this will be my 1st year doing driveways, i did parking lots last year but the guy i was working for sold the truck i was in...i just picked up a blizzard 720LT and am plowing for a friend doing his driveway list...if u have any advise for me i would love to hear it...thanks a lot

2. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Stay on the driveway, Don't hit anything or anyone, and most of all stay glued to this site.:waving:

3. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I know there are a few driveway posts that you can do a search and find. Some advice you will find is simple such as making sure you take a look at each driveway BEFORE it snows or if possible, installing marking sticks. The best one I saw was that someone said he goes out and takes a picture of each driveway and puts the picture in his route book so he can look at the picture before plowing. He got me thinking so I bought a digital camera and am doing this right now.

4. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

The person you saw with the post about pictures might have been me. I bought a route with 38 or so driveways, I didn't trust my memory. I do the whole route, in order, with pictures, anything that I think might get hidden by snow, I make notes about. If you or your customer puts up markers, the pictures work really well with them to help you know just where everything is.
    I do the route myself, but if I had to have someone "pinch hit" for me, I think my method would be a big help.
    If a customer bails, I just put theirs in the back of the book, if they call me back, I ready to go.