1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on blade repairs

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by TheEquineFencer, Mar 3, 2010.

1. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

When i got back to my shop today from plowing, the cutting edge was missing from my blade. It has worn the mounting through the bolt holes all the way on the drivers side and 1/2 way on the passenger side. What would be the "proper way" to repair it? I really do not want to cut the entire bottom angle iron off and replace it. I'm thinking if I can find the bottom angle iron from Western, just cut it off right where the angle turns down and weld the new angle to the bottom of the old. another option would be to clean up the back side of where the old angle is worn and lay some 1/4 or 1/2 flat stock behind it and weld it in place. Then I'd take some more and put at the bottom of where it's worn off and weld it to the bottom of the old blade, in front of the new flat stock I welded to the backside of the old. Then I'd just have to drill new holes in the new metal to match the new cutting edge. On the subject of cutting edge, who can I get one from at a reasonable price? I'm in North Carolina by the way. I'll try to post a link from Photobucket when I get a chance so you guys can see the damage.

2. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

opps wrong forum.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010