1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Fordf150guy, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Fordf150guy

Fordf150guy Junior Member

Hello,
    I picked up a 97 4x4 f-150 this year. I am looking to get a plow to do a couple driveways a storm. I am not looking to do it commercial, just a few residential houses for family members. I looked around alot of the plow websites but cannot figure out exactly what I need. Could anybody recommend a "all in 1" plow package for my truck. Im looking to buy something and install it. I was trying to avoid piecing the whole package together myself so I dont get incompatible parts.
    Thanks

2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i would go with a 7'6'' midweight plow or standard...

but go with something the is 7'6'' with a good dealer where if soemthing breaks u can go get a part at anytime of the night....

i went with the western b.c my uncle stocks almost every part to them at his house

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

f150

this is a light frt end truck you will prob need timbren load boosters for the front end to hold the front end off the ground stay with a standard duty 7'6" plow,steel edge poly moldboard to save weight.be careful and you should be fine:salute:

4. Mark in MD

Mark in MD Member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Go with a Fisher LD. New England is Fisher country, and you will not be disappointed with them. The F150 will take it nicely. In fact, it will take a Fisher RD which is heavier, but for what you're looking to do, the LD will be a great plow for you. Good luck!

~Kevin

6. pyropierce

pyropierce Junior Member

I have a 2004 Ford F-150 with a 7.6 western mid weight. The truck handles the plow great.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

a 7' 6" 26 series Snoway is a great match.
    Self install you could get in to one with all the bells and whistles Poly, Down Pressure, wireless controls, and probably a deflector for under 4K. 2 year hydraulic ands 5 year black iron warranty.
    Follow the Snoway link on the top of the page.