1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by SnoShark, Oct 29, 2006.

1. SnoShark

SnoShark Junior Member

I haven't plowed snow in 15 years and looking to purchased a new plow for my 05 GMC 2500HD. With all the changes and new equipment I need a little solid advice from professionals. I am looking at a V-plow 8.2, which is the best? Boss, Fisher, Myer, Curtis?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The snow is still white and the Ice is still slippery!!:waving:

Welcome back to plowing!!!

One word is all you need to know..BOSS:nod:

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

from the 6 months of research ive done, I'm going with the 8.2 Boss V.
    Coolest part is the plow frame says theBOSS on it in red and white, and you can see it on trucks a half mile down the road.

4. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

I'd go to a few dealers and whoever you feel comfortable with and feel will give you the best service is your best bet.Price is also a factor most likely.

I like the Boss V its up there with any of them but since I seen my first Fisher extreme V in stainless i think i'm hooked.