1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice from the snowplow gods

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by turk, Oct 20, 2006.

1. turk

turk Junior Member

Hey guys Im new to the forum and fairly new to snowplowing. Im going to pick up my new blade today, its a new 8.5 foot Hiniker which is going on a 2001 f350 v10 duelly 4by4.

Since this is my first year and I only plan on doing res. i didnt go with the 9 foot.

If all works out and I get com.props in the future I will get wings installed.

Do you think this will work for me.

What is the best form of advertising you guys have found.
    I know word of mouth is the best but this dont help me untill after the snow flies and the rig is working.
    I have Job signs out, business cards iv been handing out, Truck door lettering, bus.card magnets, and working on fliers.

Any advice from the snowplow gods would be greatly apprietiated
    Thanks in advance

2. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

find a local paper an advertise. Lots of times people just want to shop around and get the lowest price. I charge more than most people around me but I almost always get the job because I tell them this is my job. I plow. I am not trying to juggle a full time job and plow. People like that because no matter what time of the day it will be plowed.

That set up should work fine. Hopefully you have a good dealer in case of breakage. I have had mine open the shop on a sunday morning to get me a part.

3. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

I would suggest you get those fliers out ASAP... I have never run an ad in the paper, not because I have anything against them (I have thought about it and will if I need to) I just have not needed to yet. I have about 500 to 1000 fliers printed up and get the kids to help me deliver them in the areas that I want. I have always filled my dance card every year in this way.