1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advice for strip mall sidewalk

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steeve34, Dec 22, 2009.

1. steeve34

steeve34 Junior Member

Ok I'm looking after 47 private driveway and another 10 commercial one of the commercial is only the sidewalk about 900' of sidewalk at a strip mall. On 300' of that the roof is dripping forming ice has soon the sun it the roof melting it. I do not have a contract with the owner and get paid by the hours he is suppling the salt. On that 300' I applied 35pds of salt in the morning (07:00 AM) and another 20pds in the afternoon (03:00 PM) by that time where the roof drip we get about 2" of ice. Not sure how to tell the owner of the building I can't look after that building anymore I'm scare someone will fall on that ice and end up in a court case.

Should I tell the owner I can't look after that building for safety reason and give him 10 - 14 day's to find some else?

F250 super duty Meyer
    Dodge Ram 1500 Blizzard
    Troy Bilt 48" Blower
  2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

You need to give him a price that will cover a couple of trips if necessary. One of our commercials has the type of steep roof overhang that allows snow to drop down after it warms up. On heavy snows, this requires some re-shoveling at times, and many times at least some more ice control. This type of higher maintenance property is charged accordingly.
  3. Two Seasons

Two Seasons Junior Member

Melter and gravel.