1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advertisment on driveway stakes?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by frndinalowplace, Oct 22, 2007.

1. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

I kinda wanted my own touch on my driveway stakes. I was tossing the idea around of printing my business name, or just snowplowing and my number, on a piece of computer paper. I will then put the computer paper in a laminated cover[so its protected from elements] i will then staple or attach the laminated piece to the last two driveway stakes? what do you think about my idea?? I know its cheap and what not, but I don't think its to bad.?
    Any input appreciated.
    Dan.

2. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

That is easier that running the stakes through the printer. lol.

I like the idea. I would use a thicker stock paper with a glossy coating on it. When printing just wait to touch it until the ink drys on the paper. Maybe in a florencet color. Do you have a business color. Mine is hunter green/tan so I would use a bright/poision green. Print your business name, phone, logo if you have one, maybe email or web page address. I would try and get 4 of them out of a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. Staple them to the last two markers.

By the time they wear out, it will be to late to sign up for your services. If they start to look like crap, pull them off of the stake when you go to plow.

3. frndinalowplace

from 7hills

Thanks for the imput. I was going to use the whole sheet of paper instead of gettin four or however many out of a whole sheet. I think I am going to try it. Any other imput?

4. frndinalowplace

from 7hills

Bump to the top?

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Stencil on your phone number.

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Look at my post on "Utility Flag" style markers.

8. frndinalowplace

from 7hills

Ya I saw your flags. Not really for me thought, but its a good idea. I am going to go ahead and try out my idea. I will post pics. I printed a few out and they turned out good. I will defiantly post pics when I get them done.

9. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  10. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic