1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by TwoBrosLawn, Sep 11, 2009.

1. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

Besides truck lettering what does everyone use for advertising? I'm looking at getting some yard signs.

2. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I have truck lettering, yard signs, phone book ad, flyers and one my g/f just came up with a little bit ago for halloween im going to print up a bunch of little flyers and tape them to the candy (going to be time consuming) leave some of the footwork to the potential customers. Do you guys think this is to corny or unprofessional its going to say "Happy Haloween from Jr's Snow Removal" and my number and some info but not to much nice an clean.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Try it ,can't hurt. If you do the candy make sure it's the little prepackaged candy corn.

4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

truck lettering, yellow pages, web site. Dropping yellow pages next year.

JR: I would only do = Happy Haloween from Jr's Snow Removal (123) 555-1212. Let us know how it works out.

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You might try Craig's List. Seems to have good exposure and it's free.

6. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

only problem i have noticed form craigs is that most are looking for lowest price and want it done for next to nothing

7. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I use craigslist.org every year and get a lot of good paying business off of it. I only service commercial accounts. I can see residential customers wanting to get the cheapest price, but I have had no problems with commercial customers. I write an advertisement displaying my literacy skills, and suggest to the potential client that they visit the website. I usually win several commercial bids this way.

8. SPD

SPD Inactive

9. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

10. SPD

SPD Inactive

LOL You mean you get snow in Canada.... I though great white north was because it was all white sand beaches.... JK

I am looking into extending the directory into Canada. Currently it is only US.

Rob

11. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

That will be great.. I'll be sure to promote it when it happens.tymusic