1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Elite Property Services, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I am looking for some input. I can advertise on a 4'x8' sign on a heavily traveled highway for a minimal fee. I was wondering what you guys thought should go on the sign. Would like to keep it simple. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Nathan

SNOWPLOWING
    *phone number*

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I'm in the phone book $500(I'm not doing this next year), I've done the local paper $40 a week(when I first started out)..... the things that worked for me is Lettering my truck $250 (people in some intersections stop and ask me for a card, of which I have pleanty in the truck)... doing a good job at the lots I have, and calling new businesses asking if their accepting bids....

persistance and being professional is key

Good luck and let us know if you decide to so the billboard thing...

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

snowplowing
    business name
    phone number

4. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

best advertising is signs on your truck and quality work. nobody can dispute results.

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Agreed. If you're a one-truck operator, you want to keep it local and that - plus some business cards - will do the trick. As you grow to more trucks, you will want to expand your advertising "reach" (paper, yellow pages etc) till you become a national company with a sales force and slick brochures.

6. Elite Property Services

Thanks for the input. I have kept it local for the past 7 yrs. I am ready to expand. The sign spot is $200 for 6 months. The location is only 3 miles from me so I think it could give me some more local and not so local work.I think its worth it what do you guys think
    All suggestions welcome thanks

7. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I would jump on that deal!

8. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Take it. I would add "Free Estimates" to what others have said.

Maybe an easy to print picture or your logo.

Who is doing the graphics and how much does that cost?

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Price is good, sign may be small though. JMO

10. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

that's a great price if i were you because of the size of it tell them you want the background to be PMS 021 orange or a bright orange and the letters black with a white stroke an your logo this will pop nice and draw attention. just my 2 cents tho I'm a printer when there's no snow:realmad:

11. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a great price.

What I ould do.

Snow removal
    Business Name
    Number

12. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Sounds like a great deal. I've even seen some people clean up a lot after a storm and then put simple coroplast yard signs at strategic places around the lot. How many times have you went by a real nice job and wondered who done it. Usually it's the ones laying down the most salt that have them. They can...because their lots look real good.

13. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

i'd go for it

14. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Any updates? Did you go for it? I'd run one ad for 6 months and then switch it up for the other 6 months. Better jump on it before somebody else does. Try it out once anyways. Ask people how they heard about you when they call.

15. Elite Property Services

Hello my sign will be done today. I hope that it can go up today. The sign will be 4x8 black with flourescent yellow letters. I will let you guy's know how it goes.

16. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Very nice! I hope it goes well for you!

17. brett.archer

brett.archer Junior Member

i spent 1250 bux on my truck lettering and have recieved one phone call in 2 years, 900 on a phone book ad maybe 6 calls. 50 bux on a banner from halfpricebanners.com and have made over $1500 bux from biz ive earned from that sign. DO IT

18. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Word of mouth! Good work and referrals!

19. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I already have a banner. Where did you put it to get those results? I was thinking about parking my enclosed trailer at a busy intersection and putting the banner on the side of it. What do you think? Any other ideas what to do with a banner.

20. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

You can do that. Also...when you got to the mall, grocery store, or just about anywhere...park out in the parking lot so that all the people coming in can see your sign. Make the long walk to the store. It's worth it.