1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by petesplow, Jan 19, 2003.

1. petesplow

petesplow Junior Member
    from ontario

I am planning on starting a plowing business for next season(so I currently have zero customers) and am wondering what the best and cheapest way of advertising?

Pete Thanks
  2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Directly approach the managers/owners of lots you want to plow, put a face with your biz, show them your equipment, discuss with them their needs, LISTEN to them and what they want. They get back to them with a bid.

3. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Well said Howard, I definitly agree.
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Let other people make work for you.If you see a lot that is in poor condition,then stop in and talk to the person in charge,and tell them that you can do better for them,and give them a price.

Professional looking trucks,clean,and lettered,can also attract business.Make sure your phone number is promenently displayed.People will notice.