1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by NBI Lawn, Mar 30, 2009.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

So I just noticed my ad that I thought was in the local paper is not there. They said they dont know why it didnt run and went on to say it will be a couple weeks before they can get it in there :mad:. This leaves me no choice but to go out and drop flyers of in paper boxes (yes I know the laws about doing this) as this is now my only way to get my name out there for the next couple weeks,
    Does anyone have an example or template I could use to make some flyers up?

Thank you

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

It IS legal to put them in the paper boxes with a permit which can be purchased at city halls, it's illegal to put them in the mailboxes.
  3. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Use door hangers those are not illegal
  4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

What are you advertising? Little late for snow. lol

Talk to the paper and get a reduced cost if it was suppose to be in there. That is costing you business. Tell them you are going to advertise on line if they don't reduce it. That will get them going.

Pass out the fliers on Sunday morning. After the paper goes through, but before the customer gets it out of their mail box. That day they have the time to look through it.