1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Bryant26, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Bryant26

Bryant26 Junior Member
    from Lee

Anyone have ideas on how to get more accounts? I'm in Lee NH and word of mouth has been fine in the past but I'm going much bigger this year and just flat out need more accounts. Any ideas?

2. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

foot work and cold approach. advertising isnt expensive , its priceless

3. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Hit the streets....Make up flyers (tear away) and plaster them on every community bulletin board etc., take out ads in local papers, Craigs list...etc

Stop by businesses and have a rack card to give them and discuss the services you provide.

4. Bryant26

Bryant26 Junior Member
    from Lee

That's what I'll do, hopefully it'll get me some more accounts!

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Send in blind bids with a quick cover letter about your company

6. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Just do what everybody else does...

LOWBALL THE $H1T OUT OF THEM!!!

7. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure how much business you're going to get when you start advertising at the end of October.

8. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

yellow page add with internet listing,Cost me 620$ a year.Best money ever spent.(with exception of blizzard 810 and the mighty duramax!)Its amazing the last minute sign ups I've gotten.

9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Do you get more calls from the YP ad or from the online listing?

10. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I have started doing this...I think it prevents the business from "himhawing" about contacting a new contractor..they know the price instantly and can decide if they want to inquire further

11. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

They're tied together,not sure but I would guess it was accessed online.If I had someone local that did resi-driveways I could supply hundreds of leads lol,

12. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

Only use these methods if your pricing structure is 50% of what every other company is charging. Your only going to get people that want the snow removal done at their house for $10.