1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by kolkie05, Jun 7, 2010.

1. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

What do you guy's feel is the best form of advertising? website,brochures,ect?

how are you targeting new customers and at what time in the year?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

All of them.I work around my existing places I plow and try and get a tighter route.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I've started 3 weeks ago..... I've got about a dozen bids out so far and need to get off of plowsite to get some more done! :nod:

If your having a hard time finding new clients... call a few plowers/landscapers and ask them if their looking for subs for the winter....

HIH
    Mike

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Yard Signs are the HOT HOT ticket.

5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

All of them

All of them are good ideas. Don't forget about asking your existing clients. Too many times we spend money beating the bushes when all we need to do is harvest the fruit.

Sorry for the analogy, but don't forget your existing clients. Timing your advertising will be different for residential verses commercial as well.

Good luck. We have some information on marketing and advertising that will be beneficial. We offer a printed manual that explains in detail principles and techniques for both residential and commercial and we offer a CD that has over 35 different templates that are completely customizable by your to fit your particular company. They are in Microsoft Word format. These templates cover not only snow and ice management, but many other services that a lawn and landscape company offer.

6. EcoPlow

EcoPlow Junior Member

Best form of advertising is word of mouth.
    If you can't get that right now, or it's not working fast enough, perhaps you should look at an advertising campaign.
    Are you out on your own or are you currently subbing for someone else?
    I see you're in the Chicago area, lots of potential there, but also lots of competition - what sets you apart from them? Why would a customer pick you over the other guy? Find out what makes you unique and utilize that to market your company. Anyone can say that they're the cheapest, or they can provide "excellent customer service" but people want more than that. They need a REASON to pick you over them.