1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising works

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Dec 17, 2000.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I decided to put my web site address across the tailgate on my truck.
    I travel Rt 21, Rt 3, Rt 46, and Rt 80 on my way to work each day, and figured it would be a good way to get my website "out there". I was hopoing to get more contractors to list in my directory.

Across the tailgate I put:
    http://www.snowplowing-contractors.com
    "Info for all contractors, directory for property owners"

Well, my brother called me tonight to tell me he got an e mail from some strange lady, asking him to plow her driveway. He never gets e mail to that account, so he asked her how she got his address. She replied on her way home from work the other night, she was behind a new (goes to show how much they know, my truck is an 80 GMC) truck that had the web address across the tailgate. She went to the site, and found his listing. She has a private drive over 100' long, in Upper Montclair, NJ (sound familiar JAA?)

I knew people would react to my URL on my tailgate, just didn't think right away!

So if you haven't registered yet at my site, do it now, it's free...... for now! And if you have a website, get your URL on your trucks ASAP, it pays off!
    I am already offering web pages for companies at my site. Anyone interested, feel free to e mail me!

~Chuck

2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Chuck,

In that neighborhood - you can't charge enough money. And, they can afford it.

3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Chuck,

I registered in your directory a while ago, but it's not listed??? Should I re-enter all the info???

-Tim

I would've e-mailed you, but my e-mail isn't working right now.

4. Chuck Smith

from NJ

No need to do it again Tim. I have to add about 50 companies since my last update! Busy, busy, busy!

Thanks for registering.

~Chuck

5. SlimJim Z71

Thanks for supplying! You're a good man!

-Tim

6. Psyclopse

Psyclopse Member

Make us up some bumper stickers that say...

See our listing at:
    http://www.snowplowing-contractors.com

it makes us look important, and at the same time would draw traffic to the site. Sounds like a plan to me.

7. SlimJim Z71

Sounds like a good idea!

-Tim

8. Chuck Smith

from NJ

That is a good idea... I looked into die cut letters with the site address, and they ran about $15 each for 2" letters (for 50 pieces). It is a long URL...

Then again, a large batch of printed "normal" size bumper stickers may be much less. Looks like I'll have to check out the place down the road that does promotional items, in the industrial park. They just opened up over the summer.

~Chuck
    (Here we go again with bumper stickers! Do a search here on that subject for some funny posts ;) )

9. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

My SIMA stickers kicked all of the other stickers off of my trucks!

10. Chuck Smith

from NJ

I just returned from that promotional place down the road. I ordered 500 decals.

See our listing at:
    http://www.SNOWPLOWING-CONTRACTORS.COM

How'd I do Psyclopse?

I will have them by the end of the month.

They also had Ice Scrapers, with company names on them. I thought that would be a great promotional item for us to give to customers!

They have a website, but I didn't check it out yet, since I just found out about it.

http://www.falconscorp.com

~Chuck

11. SlimJim Z71

So??????

How much are we gonna have to pay you to get one of them there stickers? Tell ye what... I'll make you a deal. Nest 6" snow storm we get, it's all yours. I'll just send it your way. All I ask in return is a bumper-sticker.

-Tim

12. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Ill give ya $5 for 2

One for me and one for Remmie

13. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I hope my SIMA sticker doesn't get too jealous of another snow plowing sticker ;)

Speaking of registering at Chuck's site...
    After our last snow storm I got a call from a property manager in VA looking for someone to do some snow work about a half hour from me. Found me through the listing at Chuck's site. Since I knew CMERLAND who posts here lives close to that site I referred the work to him & he did it.

14. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

That sounds like teamwork alright to my guys! Good to know that some people still like to help someone they don't have much to do with, i mean like the customer and nice to know you guys help each other out in getting accounts and all.. good idea about the directory Chuck! keep up the good work guys!