1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising in Newspaper boxes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mmplowing, Nov 10, 2007.

1. mmplowing

mmplowing Member

Hello All-

Well I have read about a lot of you using newspaper boxes to do some advertising. I need to add some driveways in particular areas to make my route more efficient. I was thinking about going out and putting some half page flyers into the newspaper boxes. Have you had some success with this?

Would you suggest doing this tonight before newspapers are delivered or at like 5am tomorrow after newspapers are delivered?

Would you suggest a half page advertisement or a full page?

Any help you have would be great!

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Slip the parer boy a $20 to deliver them with his papers...;)

3. mmplowing

mmplowing Member

Now that would be nice if I knew who the paper boy was in those areas :)

Anyone else have any thoughts?

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

When I was younger I delivered newspapers, our shop had standing orders to remove any flyer's we found in our boxes (Boxes we own you know the ones with the papers name on the side, not customer made boxes). The paper Co would call the offender up. the reason being the paper Co paid for the box, paid to install it, and sales advertising through there paper. Why should people get the use of there box. Also it can be construed that the paper Co approves of the business that is slipping flyer's into the box.

That bing said why not send the customer you want a letter? its not that expensive.

Go down to the town hall get a list of persons or voter list about $10 - $20 drive around where you want to plow write down the street address go back to the list you bought find the names (Listed by address), address the envelopes. O yaa put your ad in the envelope.
    that works much better than some scrap of paper stuck in the paper box.

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Now the paper thinks there the post office.

I put mine in, when i'm running my paper route :) j/k

6. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

thats where i put my flyers

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go to your library and get the Haynes book look up the addresses of the street. You can mail a 8x10 flier to them. but put down resident or homeowner this way they won't be returned to you. If you put them in the newsw tube they will be pushed back and won't be found.