1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising help - please critisize

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CDNbladerunner, Oct 6, 2009.

1. CDNbladerunner

CDNbladerunner Junior Member

Hi, I have been in the business before and am geting back in. Wondering if I should add or delete anything on my advertising run. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Add-Landscaping_4X6.jpg

Ad-Snow plowing-4X6.jpg

Ad-Snow plowing-4X6.jpg
  2. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

The services in red is to make them stand out, right? That just doesn't look right to me, makes them stand out in a bad way. Try fitting in the services in the same font/style and make the "servicing the capital area" smaller and less of a focus. I do like the overall look.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  3. lesedwards

lesedwards Member

Look Good but I agree with DSSL they look like warning signs and mean while they are telling the public what you do.
  4. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

I agree 100%.:waving:
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

well I love to critique other's advertising, but I won't criticize it:rolleyes:

what is the finale size? are these for print? what's your logo/slogan?

they are very slick looking however that also makes them a bit hard to read like your web address, especially if those are being reduced down, and they won't look good most newspaper advertising sections with all the color blending. I too agree the red isn't the best of choice, why not just a plain white background at that point..
  6. M.McDaniel

M.McDaniel Member

I like your companys name, it sounds like a company that really does have the "solution". I think by you stating the snow descriptions separately (plowing, salting, removal, walkways) it takes away from the great professional name you have. I would rather see something along the lines of "Full Service Snow & Ice Management". Also, if your insured, let that be known. The visa/mastercard/discover/amex logo wouldn't hurt either if you accept them. A professor at the Ross School Of Business/ University of Michigan once told me that an index taken in early 2005 showed that 85% of consumers used the company that appeared to be more professional than the others. By using the words "solutions" "management" "fully insured" and "visa/mastercard accepted" I think you could projected yourself as a top company in your market.
  7. CDNbladerunner

Thanks for the coments.

The final size is 4x6 but can be adapted to business card not for print. High gloss - and he will do the both seasonal businesses on either side. PM me - you may not believe the cost.
  8. CDNbladerunner

Thank you for your experience and valued comments. I will post the new ones when they are available. This printer is awesome. very easy to work with. My new BOSS 8"2V in being installed this week. Hmm m cant wait!!