1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

advertising for residential snowplowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cntryboymc, Oct 14, 2004.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

i'm in my first year full time with a lawn/landscape business after doing it part time the last 10 years.i'm trying to get more residential snow work to supplement my income.currently,i have 17 residential drives and 3 smaller doctor's offices.i've tried fliers and newspaper ads but i haven't had very many calls.any suggestions for generating more work or making an ad stand out over the rest.any info would be appreciated.thanks!

2. c_maint

c_maint Member

Make some cold calls. Have signs on your truck. If all else fails, cruise around while it snows. You're sure to get some more that way. When I started my business, The only advertising I did was having signs on my truck. ( I got two white magnets and a permanent marker). It's not easy getting many accounts before the first snow when you're starting out. Be patient and the work will come to you. It happened for me.
    Good luck

3. bcf

bcf Senior Member

An add in the paper right after the first snowstorm last year helped my first year get started.

4. skmodmsl

skmodmsl Member

Last year I ran an add in the local paper. I also had magnetic signs on the truck. I got more responces from my add in the local paper.Only had one responce to the add on my truck.

5. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

thanks for the info guys!cruger maintenance where are you from in upstate ny?

6. c_maint

c_maint Member

I'm from Rockland County