1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advertising advice

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by kolkie05, Jul 7, 2010.

1. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

Guy's,

What seems to be working best for you these days? mailers, flyers, cold calling, or dropping off brochures?

Also what type of technics work for getting to the decision maker in a larger company?

I

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

what type of accounts are you going after?

3. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

Smaller commercial and residential. I'm not ready to handle the Super stores just yet! We have a nice mix of things already but I would really like to grow this year. Last year I spent to much time drvining all over the city and it really wasn't worth it. This year I would like to target a smaller area..thus work smarter not harder.

Last year I dropped off about 500 flyers to residentials and only got 2 accounts out of it. This year I would like to work the commercial side more but I know it's harder to get in the door.

Plus I lost a nice condo building because a guy told them he would do it for $75 bucks...hope they get what they pay for!

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

For resis put an ad in the paper. Cold calling for commercial. Don't forget your backup plan should your truck fail you at 2 am.......