1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gusco, Mar 6, 2005.

Best way to get more clients

1. Yellow Pages

0 vote(s)
  2. Flyers

3. Door Hangers

4. Word of mouth

1. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

What do you think is the best method to increase clients?

I have had great succes with just word of mouth.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  2. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

None of the above.

How about turning in bids for commercial lots?

3. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

I considered that as a given. Im talking more on the lines of extra accounts that can fill in routes to make the route more of a "Plow a drive or lot" then move as close to the next job as possible. More or less what works best for you to fill in the blanks for inbetween bigger jobs
  4. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Word of mouth has always been number one, however I've found a direct marketing campaign to be a close second. I've had limited success with display ads, at least for the snow removal side of the house.
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I like the flyers myself im gonna do some for spring
  6. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

I know everybody on here is not an advertising major, but it is universally known and accepted that word of mouth is hands down the best way to advertise unless you have inferior service that you dont want people to talk about. That being said, I think a more appropriate and helpful pole would be, what OTHER method of advertising works best for you. Obviously, you need to get customers somehow before they begin word of mouth for you. Unless you have alot of friends and relatives I guess? I think you can see from the pole results that this is the case, and not much beneficial help is going to come from a pole that includes word of mouth as an option. Dont mean to sound like a jerk, just trying to maximize the helpfullness of the poll.

7. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

haven't had to resort to this lately but it worked well my first year-telemarketing
    especially before a big storm, you will get some one timers..now you may have to use the "do not call list"
  8. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

I outright ask for referrals from my customers three times per season. I reward my customers with a $25.00 credit per referal who signs a 1 season agreement with me. It's amazing how tight your route can become once you get people recommending you to their neighbors or once you get a few names and numbers to solicit business from. Networking has been my key to success in the marketing arena. :drinkup:
  9. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

Word of mouth has worked best for me so far. One of my clients told his whole neighborhood about me...I ended up getting 6 more clients through him. :nod:
  10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

word of mouth, as mentioned, is the best. I have not advertised in 3 years, my loses have been to those moving (and I usually get the new owners) and my gains have all been word of mouth. I have advertised in the local mailed paper, as well as hanging flyers and "door" hangers in neighborhoods I wanted to increase my presense- all with some effect- but I have to say the door hangers were the least productive of all. The local mailed paper was my best until every other plower in the area decided to do the same thing- now it looks like the yellow pages listing- not worth my $$ anymore.