1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advantage Facility Source - OH

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JimMarshall, Oct 27, 2015.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Has anyone ever worked for them? They have called me 4 times about a local restaurant over the last 2 months. I have no intention of taking it on, just wondering what they are like to work for.

2. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

I remember talk of them a few years ago. It wasn't very positive. Bob Evans with very low pricings...stuff like that.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

LOL, I thought whatsherface from Erie was doing them. The restaurants, that is. ;)

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you are right. We were contacted to do Bob Evans and the numbers weren't worth even looking at.

5. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Bob Evans is what we were contacted about as well, never got far enough to see the numbers.

6. Turbs3000

Turbs3000 Junior Member
    from Midwest

The website looks like it was built in 30 seconds. Seems fishy, or like a re-branding of something else. Some of the other guys here have heard of them but couldn't remember why.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  7. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

They contacted me also for bob Evans here also looked contract over didn't like what I saw I'm out. They don't want any salt when asked about the liability she said they never had a issue in sure they didn't but the idiot who plowed it would

8. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

They must have about an 8" trigger because the ones around here always look like chit.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Lol, same here.

10. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

X3...I fell at one of the ones here in town last winter and busted my ass hard...hurt my pride more than anything. We'd already plowed everything twice and this one hadn't been touched yet.

11. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Dont sign Facility Source 's 26 page master service agreement. You literally are waiving every right to collect for your services or ever get paid for any reason by signing it. Most are also 45 day terms for payment AFTER they've been paid by their vendor, which they'd likely never disclose. They have dozens of ripoffreports and fraud consumer complaints online, look them up.

Their headquarters is also in Arizona, so all disputes must be handled there, if you don't live nearby, guess what, you'll have a pretty expensive vacation when you hire a lawyer to collect from services they havn't paid you for.

They can also terminate your contract for any reason INCLUDING, customer is unsatisfied... which all of you have run into before with a manager not knowing your geographic location after he's been transferred from a warmer climate.

12. JimMarshall

from NW PA

You know, after posting this, it occurred to me that this is the company that also contacted me about mowing at Bob Evans a couple years ago. Their vendor sign up paperwork was incredibly intrusive-asking for information I wouldn't tell most of my friends.

13. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Just an un- friendly bump for these guys. They somehow got a 45 acre distribution site in town for Meijer and asked us to do it. Their agreement still has the 45 day terms from when they receive payment and a only paid if they're paid clause. I was able to negotiate both of these out of the contract but they clammed up and said they were going to look for a different sub when I said we needed a few references and took issue with a clause in their indemnity section. who won't share references? guessing someone who doesn't have happy subs? still a company to steer clear of it seems .