1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advanced Auto Part has gone Corporate

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BobbyZ, Sep 26, 2012.

1. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Junior Member

This year Advanced Auto Parts has gone to corporate contracts for all of their Landscape and snow removal services.
    Is anyone aware of who the bidders are? I know of one of them (Emerald lawn and Landscape of Flint Michigan) but was hoping to find the others in an attempt to have a shot at the snow removal services in my service areas.
  2. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

Scott been doing them for YEARS Idn who els is.

I bid every year and never win lol.

Bobby what company are you
  3. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Junior Member

Company Name

Sorry new to the site so we dont have all the goodies in our profile yet. Wilsons LawnCare and Plowing. We are currently providing the landscaping service for many of the advanced in our service area through a national service provider. And up until the last couple of weeks it was still up in the air as to weather Advanced was going to go national for their snow & ice. Wanna make sure we get a crack at the winter business as well.
  4. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

Ya I haven't herd anything. Bobby will u send me a pm?
  5. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Junior Member

Sorry,not yet able to pm on the site..10 day restriction
  6. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

7. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

i work for advanced part time ill ask my gm for some info and report back
  8. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I started doing an advance last year. This yr the new mgr said the same as last year. "I don't sign contracts but you can have the job again" So now you are telling me I've held a place for them and some other Joe is going to be plowing them? I did get a signature anyway but that wont hold water. Guess I will have to check on it. Was just going to send out my first invoice too.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I WONDER if they hav the ones in pa,? cause the ones in my area are done poorly to say the least
  10. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Advance sent me a contract termination letter for my contract signed 10 wks ago. I will be taking them to small claims for the balance of what the contract was for. I saved them a spot in good faith and they screwed me. Too late to find a replacement now. The manager did sign a contract after checking with her superior. Pretty unhappy to have that money taken from me after the season start. Not sure of how water tight my contract is... I guess I'll find out. Pretty ticked off at the moment. The contract I was told was picked up for half of my expected total if I used a normal 14 event to figure salt as salt was per operation. Going to find someone to get some feedback if I have a case or not.
  11. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Sorry to hear this. As far as Auto Zone is concerned, their corporate offices don't give a crap about your contract obviously, and I'm sure they had their own attorneys look at your contract before sending you a term notice. Hope you have a case, but I'm guessing you dont.
  12. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

used to do advance auto parts ,for lawn and snow now they too are going to corporate companys too. here in wisconsin
  13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Who is Advanced auto parts?

And how did auto zone get in this thread?
  14. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Well, I do think I will have more of a shot if I can go small claims. Local judge and all that. Play the underdog etc. Unhappy that they can do it this late in the season without a care.

Really, how can one be sure that a management signature is good. What can you count on. This is my bread and butter right now. Small retail 1/2 acre lots. Both private and national chain stores. I just purchased an expensive tractor and blade to handle the larger lots and business expansion. One step forward, two steps back it seems.
  15. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

My experience is with Advance Auto. I had a reasonable expectation as I had a contract last year and they honored it and I was paid. No issues, no problem. What else could I have thought given last years experience. Guess I will have to get informed about the national's bidding processes.

Advance is a direct competitor to Auto Zone around here. Same layout, size and product type. They have 2 or 3 stores in every major town.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  16. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Advanced Auto Parts hired IBM last year to take over all of their facilities. IBM is sourcing all of their work. However, only thing I have seen is $45 weekly for mowing and $65 for plowing. No deicing. They want bare bones pricing. IBM guaranteed Advanced a save and the only way to do that is to cut costs by skimping on service.

The ones by me are complete piles of you know what.
  17. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

The way I figure it they could pay a grand or so on every account serviced on avg. to satisfy some of old guys with contracts, pay the current contract, make a profit and Advance Auto will still be ahead. That's the difference between what I was getting fair market value for the area, and what they are going to pay the new subs. I can't survive on that and I consider myself to be lean. That's fine. I'll still be taking them to court. They want to play the odds, I'll comply.
  18. olie

olie Junior Member
    from midwest

Emerald lawn and Landscape of Flint Michigan had the ones around here for lawn and really messed things up and pissed the 3 stores off that I did. I sure hope they do not have the snow contracts.
  19. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I just realized my error. I have been dealing with a guy from Ibm and he is the one who terminated my contract. My contract is with Advance not with Ibm so not sure why ibm thinks they have any right to issue a cancellation or termination.

I am going to follow up with Advance this week. After all I have no agreement with Ibm right so why are they telling me what I can and can't do. If I take them to small claims it will be against Advance not their subcontractor.
  20. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

a lot of it depends if they are part of a larger complex (with a property manager) or free standing store...