1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Advance Auto

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by areoseek, Jan 12, 2016.

1. areoseek

areoseek Senior Member
    from Erie PA

anyone else on here do any advance autos? Been doing my local one for two years and they'd always pay me in cash every night, But this year I have to go through the corprate grinder to get paid, And I still havent seen a cent from december. Any of you guys gotten paid yet?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What does your contract say?

In the past, I've run into 30-90 days to recive payment.

3. areoseek

areoseek Senior Member
    from Erie PA

That's my problem, I had to call some 1-877 number to get my contract "confirmed" by corprate and send them my w-9. Obviously I have and still havent heard back. however the store manager has already signed it accepting the bid (back in october), and returned it to me. as written on my contract that I give to the store, it states payment within 30 days is required or we have the right to drop them. Just sucks that they had to go and change things. That's the main reason I kept it, was because It was cash on the spot 9 times out of 10.

don't really wanna drop them, I suppose i'll start making some fuss with the manager.

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Large buisnesses like that usually don not pay in cash by protocal. Did they give you a 1099 for last year?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

They pay us with a store credit card, they just want to keep the charge under 200

6. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

Had ours here for 2 years then those ******** at USM took over. Some hillbilly landscaping company got it for pennies... Go figure. Oh and it looks like ****!

7. areoseek

areoseek Senior Member
    from Erie PA

I'm probably going to let the same thing happen to this one. still no payment. just past my 30 days so it appears i'm out.

8. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

All of those stores always look like ****.

9. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

ours rents in a plaza and the property management co controls snow removal

10. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

Always had ours plowed and wet. Never an issue since it was 1 mile from the shop. Gotta see it now. Typical Meyer plow job. Hard packed and no salt lol.

11. Marshalljt

Marshalljt Junior Member

The one I do in my town is always 60 to 90 days out. But the payment is always there. Good contract.

12. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Yes I do one in my town last 7yrs always paid cash now been trying to get set up threw corporate what a joke called at least 5-6 times always some who can't speak English what a joke.Come to think about it everyone they sponsor in racing is a Mexican. I might have a court case here what do you think ? There being prejudice isn't that what rev Jackson would do

13. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Better yet lets start rioting and have a protest march

14. areoseek

areoseek Senior Member
    from Erie PA

we can just put the snow back. maybe we'll magically get cash again then. I don't understand why things had to change. was a pretty smooth process. go in, give them an invoice, they type some stuff into thier computer, ask for my phone number, and poof, register opens and I got cash. pffft I should've known it wouldn't last.

as for those of you waiting 90 days for payment, You're nuts.

15. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

90 days isn't all that uncommon for payment for large corporations. BOA was the same way.

16. areoseek

areoseek Senior Member
    from Erie PA

I've never dealt with any big corps besides them so I was unaware.

I'm pretty small time up here. two trucks,basic GL, 95% residential. Just some mom and pop shops and cold calls.

17. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Im much smaller now than back in those days. A couple small commercials, and a handful of residentials. Enough to keep me busy for a few hours at a time and still make enough to be worth while. I don't miss the headaches of being bigger, but the money was nice. I guess if I didn't have the 40 hour a week day job back then, I would look at it differently, but I love what I do, snow plowing is now just an added bonus.

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed

Maybe very large corporations, but not all.

I'm not a bank, so I don't (normally) wait 90 days for payments. I have 1 that is 45 days, that's aboot the most I'm willing to go regularly. My vendors don't wait 45 days, my employees don't wait 90 days (and neither do the employees of the large corporations), the grocery store doesn't, etc. 30 days is perfectly reasonable.

19. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

If we push in March it's normal to get paid for it in July. Lol

I I don't understand why we can't hve direct deposit. Hell even brickman has direct deposit now

20. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It's rather simple.
    If you can't afford to waite 90 days for payment,
    Don't take the job.

:waving:
    Nuts,
    Yea,
    you have to be, to be in this industry
    That or a moron.