1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ads

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Plowfast9957, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

So is there somewhere that we can go to find out about the google ads all over or are the threads about it just going to keep getting deleted.

2. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

They have explained it a billion times. They try out different ideas to bring in some kind of cash to keep this site up and running. I'm sure some mod will come on here and say that its just temp. and they are trying to do what they can to keep this site free of charge. So just deal, are the ads really that annoying?? If so, mail a check to plowsite and I'm sure they will gladly take out the ads.

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

There were a lot of ads on the site - alot, if you recall, and a lot of members asked us to tone it down a bit. We did just that - we cleaned things up so there would not be 100 buttons to scroll past before getting to the forums. As you can imagine, to make sure we are giving the members what they want, it creates less advertising opportunities for the site. 10elawncare is 100% correct - we are trying this out to see what happens. We still have some experiementing to do, but I promise you that we want the site to be functional and helpful without making you guys irritated. Give us some time. Thanks.

4. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

Well this thread should just be closed now, before the 100 other posts b*tching and moaning about the ads.

5. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

No one was bitching about the ads. All I asked is why the posts about them keep getting deleted. They were mentioned in 3or 4 threads in the last few days and were deleted.

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sean - How much does it cost to run this site? I noticed that vBulletin only costs $180 to purchase plus whatever the server fees run. So even if the total cost is $500 to keep the site afloat how about we just take up a collection from members and get rid of all the ads?

It says that there are 34,000 members here so even if we all chip in $1 you will have enough cash to run this place for a long long time.

Set up a Paypal account that people can pay into and we're all set.

7. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Most businesses don't operate w/ the intention of breaking even. I like to earn an income and show a profit w/ mine, I'm sure it's no different w/ yours or this one. I also would never feel the need to explain a portion of my expense in running my business, because first it's really nobody's business but mine, and secondly the person asking me would never appreciate the entire process of what it took to build the business in the first place.

8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I noticed them at first and now pay no attention.

What annoys me is that sometimes I have to hit "back" once and sometimes two, three, or even four times, to get back to the previous page, but it changes so I am always guessing and sometimes I go back to far and I hate wasting time.

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I appreciate this site as much as anyone but the truth of the matter is that it doesn't cost very much to keep it afloat. Jamming ads into every square inch of the place just clutters things up.

I used to visit this site every day from my PDA but now that there are so many ads it takes forever for the pages to load. I now only visit when I have a full battery charge otherwise I'm s.o.l. for the rest of the day.

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I see my thread about this got deleted.

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ditto......

12. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

ok, Sean explained it in the third post so I don't think we need to leave this going

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.