1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adjustments

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by herb1001, Jan 15, 2011.

1. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Is there any adjustments on the Meyer Pumps. I feel like my plow moves slow up and down also slow side to side. Anything I can do about it?

2. kenmaxwell2

kenmaxwell2 Junior Member

flush and put meyer fluid in it

3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

You may have water in the system and it is freezing up. Flush it out and then put in Meyers fluid.
    Good Luck

4. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Drop speed is the only thing you can adjust.

5. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Sounds good....I will flush it out.

How do you adjust the drop speed?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You don't, E57's have no drop speed adjustment. Do a through fluid flush and filter clean if it's been a while. And if it's several years old it's good practice to pull the lift ram/tank assembly and clean out the sump base as well. No amount of fluid changing and flushing will remove the debris that accumulates in the sump after a few years on these things. Disassembly is the only way to truly get them clean.

7. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

My mistake, I thought just the e47's were non adjustable.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The 57's don't either because they're nothing more than an E47 with a larger gear pump and 4.5" inch motor. Everything else in their make up (sump, ram, valve block etc) is identical and directly interchangeable so there were still no provisions anywhere for an adjustable drop speed. :waving:

9. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Anyone know of a source with the different pumps listed with spec/ features.. like 47 is rated for x lbs, no DS adjustment, years produced, that kinda stuff.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't know of any "all in one" detailed documents covering all previous and current pumps in a history format There are some bits and pieces here and there but mostly on the later stuff and it would take a whole page for all the background, history and details so I presume when you need something specific...you'll just have to ask. :D