1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adjusting Ultra Mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by giggity, Oct 25, 2013.

1. giggity

giggity Senior Member

Has anyone adjusted their ultra mount to fit on a lower/higher truck? Im referring to the pivot plates at the rear of the plow.. dealer wants to charge me $250 to adjust it! Cant imagine its that hard, has anyone done it? Any tricks, or short cuts? Thank You for any help!
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

It's not *easy* to do but I would imagine that a dealer who's done many of them knows some tricks that a regular guy wouldn't know.

I used an engine hoist to keep my light tower upright while I took the bolts out and made the adjustment. I don't know if that method is dealer approved but it worked for me.
  3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

It's a little tricky but still not that hard. Couldn't imagine paying 250 for it! But that's me.
  4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

$250 is waaaay too much. they must be figuring 3 hours and it should only be 1 at the most. really only takes a half hour or so with a chain hoist.
  5. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

I just did my MVP. Its not hard. good time to inspect all you bolts. I replaced all of mine at the same time. took me about 2 hours and that was with driving to get new bolts.