1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adjusting trip springs on Meyers plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wsmm, Apr 16, 2003.

1. wsmm

wsmm Member

Could someone please tell me the procedure for adjusting the trip springs on a Meyers plow. I have 3 springs on my plow and can't find anything in the manual as to what is the correct preload or adjustment for the springs.

Thanks in advance
  2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Spring Adjustment

Bill on "new" spring adjustments you should adjust the eyebolts until you just get the coils to be slightly apart from each other the length of the spring. Or use a thin business card as a feeler gage. With older springs its really hard to give you a proper spec. I set most of the older plows up while on the truck, and adjust the springs tight enough that I can't get it to trip over when pulling forward on the top of the plow with my foot on the cutting edge. :rolleyes: John