1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

adjusting shoe stand height

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fairwayvince, Feb 17, 2010.

1. fairwayvince

fairwayvince Junior Member

i can't lower the height on the shoe stand. It doesn't lock in beccause its too high and when I pull out of plow it collapses. HELP
  2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Lock the stand in place with your plow up. Then lower it down to rest on the stand.
  3. fairwayvince

thanks, but it doesn't lock because shoe set to high and I can't adust height
  4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

What type of plow do you have?
  5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

To fix it.......remove them:salute:
  6. fairwayvince

prp plus ultra mount
  7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Here is a pdf on your plow

Label on back of plow (just in case you don't have one)
    mounting tag.jpg

The stand height goes according to the plow configuration(from what I am reading on pg 7, and 8) There is a "1/4 roll pin" in one of the configuration hole in the stand (might be setup up for configuration #4 from what I am reading from your post). If I am correct, you should be able to remove the roll pin and bring it down "1" hole on both stands and the "lock pin" should lock into place.

You never stated if you brought the plow new or use from someone. Also the information on the truck would be great..

To find out what the plow configuration setup is, u need to measure the distant from the top of the receiver bracket (mounted on the truck. The truck must be on level ground)) to the ground. If your measurements (page 8 in the pdf) for example 13.0"-14.5" that would be configuration #1 ( according to the chart on pg 8).

let us know what happen

mounting tag.jpg
  8. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

get a fat kid to jump on your hitch.:laughing: