1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adjusting pressure relief

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Stan, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Hooking up an inline gauge to the angle. As the manual says to push plow against a hard object.... I assume you need 2 people to do this. Anyone happen to have a solution for a solo test?
  2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Are you talking about the cross over valves? If so we use a hand pump to pump pressure back through the valves and see when the valves break open and adjust them, assuming you have the adjustable type. As for the pressure valve, with the valve in line extend the cylinder valve that has the gauge on it and check max pressure when it stops and then adjust it.
  3. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Adjustable psi releif valve e-60. Its the adj nut on the side of the pa block. If I have a psi gauge in series with a hose on the angle couplers where/how do pump pressure into the pump?

While having the psi gauge inline as above I tried to note pressure by raising lift but get little reading if any. I wanted to try an adaptor into the pressure port?
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Whoa Cowboy, you are talking about the crossover relief if it's on the PA block. If you want to adjust your main pressure relief the adjustment is on the top of the base and sump. Item number 40 in this drawing http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-663 R12.pdf instrutions for the placment of the gage can be found here http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-667 R7.pdf
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  5. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

If you have a spare angle hose you can possibly use it between the T and the gauge so the gauge will be visible from the drivers seat. Then push the plow against something hard until the bypass valve opens and note the pressure... adjust and repeat.
  6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I may need to hook up 2 hoses. Hope that wouldn't reflect the psi
  7. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

religh valve

we used to use a come along between the blade at the shoe mount and the pin attaching point ,to adjust the crossover relief valve .easier than hitting a wall or running a bunch of hoses .:waving:
  8. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Great suggestion, thanks!