1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

adjusting pitch on vplow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wiseguyslawn, Dec 2, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

need to adjust the pitch on my new v plow. Move the bolt directly behind the V. Looked in the owners manual and could not find anything. Does the plow have to be on the truck in the float or can it be done off the truck. It has already been moved one hole back but still leaves a dragging mark in the scoop position in the middle of the plow. hopefully moving it to the last hole towards the truck will solve my problem. is there any other adjustments bsides moving the mount.

2. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

my dealer told me to try and tighten the trip springs to angle the plow a little bit. It might trip a little harder. I just lowered the mount instead.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1) Attach the plow to the truck.

2) Put wings into the scoop position.

3) Place a block of wood in the center of the plow right under the cutting edges, then lower the plow, letting it come to rest on the wooden block.

4) Loosen and/or remove the bumper stop bolt.

5) Have a helper push down on the wings tips to force the wings down, which will take the tension of the center tower off the bumper stop.

6) Carefully reach down and move the stop to where you feel it needs adjusted to and reinstall the bolt.

7) If the wings will now lay flat in all blade positions, your done. :salute:

4. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

if this does not get rid of the drag mark in the pavement in the dead center of the plow is my only other option moving the mount.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you use the bumper stop for a minor adjustment, but if it isn't enough you'll need to move the pushbeam on the mount....then reset the bumper stop again to fine tune it.

6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Im assuming mine was adjusted properly but when I first bought the plow I left a drag mark in the center but after enough use, it went away. Not sure if thats normal or not but the plow works fince and scrapes good.

7. themechanic43

themechanic43 Junior Member

First set the pushbeam height. 15.5 " from the floor to the center of the pin hole. The bumpstop can be adjusted by having a heavyset person stand on the a-frame and pull on the light bar,(with the blade off in V position) and someone else adjust the bumpstop toward or away from the blade. When the welded pins on the a-frame measure about 12.5", the blade should hook up with ease and the cutting edges should wear evenly.